Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tight is right

In case you missed it from my last post, I bubbled a tournament when I called an all in with JJ. It was "weak", to quote waffles. And I will paraphrase OhCaptain by saying that JJ is either dominated or a coin flip when calling a shove in that situation. Neither one is a +EV on the bubble, especially when you have an average chip stack. And gadzooks64 showed the right move on her blog: Fold, Fold, Fold. Even though she called herself a "pussy" for doing it.

So I tightened up last night, found I could hit the fold button a lot and cashed in 5 out of 8 tournaments I played. No big cashes, but I wasn't playing big tournaments. See below:

The two good nights, I played much tighter. Not quite a rock, but you get the idea. JJ not so OK. At least not on the bubble.

Hope the tables are treating you right.

Football season is kicking in, so there will be all kinds of fun happening soon. I am coaching my 7 year old's team (assisting). My 17 year old starts his senior year of high school. If you remember any of the Friday Night Lights posts I did, this year should be even more interesting. Cal was moved to wide receiver. He won't even play running back at all this year. . . Don't get me started!

Stay patient....

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Glad I was able to help. I need to listen to myself more often :-)