Monday, June 30, 2008

Bye Bye Sirius?

I've had Sirius radio for about 3 years now and really love commercial free music. I also like the comedy channels and the kids channels.

But the radio's I have from Sirius were crappy at best. I couldn't even get stereo from them, only mono. Now, the two radio's I originally had went out and all Sirius is offering me is to BUY another radio. I pay a monthly fee for their services and they don't have any free hardware.

Well I get me an Iphone and I discover that Itunes has a radio feature. In my car, I use the Ipod feature in my Iphone and then at work I just tune into the Itunes radio. Commercial free and lots of variety. Oh, and it is free. (At least I hope it is.... I've been using it for 3 days now.)

Anyway, the only reason I was thinking of keeping the Sirius radio was for the football games I can listen to in the fall. But to save the monthly payment, I might as well can the 'ol Sirius and go with the Itunes. I've been more and more impressed with Apple and the products they have put out the last few years. I might even have to try one of their laptops soon. And they just came out with movie rentals.

You have any ideas?

5 comments:

OhCaptain said...

You know I love my iPhone. I listen to mine all the time when traveling to and from work.

I bought one of those pocket sized portable hard drives from Western Digital, I thinks called a Passport drive. I copied my entire music library onto into it and then brought it to work to have my music library with me. Its actually working really well. I can't stream music at work but I do you iTunes to organize and listen to all that music.

I still have a pocket radio for listening to the Twins games.

jusdealem said...

Wow! Sorry, behind on my blog reading..just saw your big win in the $75 sng! Congrats! That's awesome!

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Ditch Sirius. There should be plenty of sites where you can stream to listen to the NFL games in the fall.

4dbirds said...

I love Sirius. I never listen to regular radio anymore.

Riggstad said...

Sirius is ok, but to have to pay for it when unecessary is -EV

go with the Iphoneage!