Monday, June 23, 2008

BOOOOOOOOOM

I am trying to move up to higher buy-in, higher pay out tournaments. I like the shorter ones based on time, so I have been doing the 18 to 45 player SNG's. I usually do a tier one 18 player ($8.70 to win a $26 token) or I like the 45 player SNG's.

A week ago, I played a $26 token in an 18 player SNG and won a $75 token. I sat on that for a week, and then used it last night for a 45 player $75 SNG. Here are the results:

from sharkscope.com

I really love the 45 player tournaments, because they don't last more than 2 1/2 hours and you can make the final table with tight aggressive poker. Then you just need to hit a couple of lucky hands and you finish in the money. Last night, I hit more than a couple of good hands. That was officially my biggest single cash to date (previously it was 700ish). Let's hope I bust that bar again soon.

Blogs I learn from: Lucko, LJ, Matt, Fuel55, and Alan.

Stay patient....

10 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

Wow!

That's awesome!

Congrats!

OhCaptain said...

Nice Job! Congrats!

Schaubs said...

Sweeeeeeet!

Did you fold AQo in a re-raised pot?

;)

lj said...

Booooooooooom!!

smokkee said...

wtg

nice ROI on $8.70

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! Nice win!

RaisingCayne said...

Congrats! Nice feat, that's a healthy score! Good luck with your newly increased bankroll.

Please let me know if you ever need advice on hooker negotiation, how to find contraband in unfamiliar locations, or somethin' else I'm excessively familiar with... as I'd love to make it on your list of blogs you learn from! (Just can't make the list if it's meant for just poker knowledge though.)

Take care...

WillWonka said...

This game is soooo easy..

Nice score!!!

Matt said...

Hell yes! I may have to learn from you and start playing the 5-table games. I avoided them early on because of the payout structure, but I might take a shot at a couple of them now. Congrats!

Pokerwolf said...

Awesome score, Dude!

Well done!