Thursday, February 28, 2008

Time after Time

Well, I don't know who really cares, but work has been kicking my ass lately. I am gearing up to open a third sales branch for my company. What does that mean? It means I am doing everything now by the book, trying to prepare to lead by example. I'm sure my employees will do things like I did, and I don't mind. But I want to show that doing it right can be done. But it consumes most of my time. Especially my posting time.

I read as many blogs as I can but rarely post on them. And it appears I haven't been posting much on mine. It just takes me a long time to put my thoughts into words sometimes.

Here are some quick thoughts I have had recently:

Chad is my HERO! He says whatever he wants in the chat while playing cards. As far as I'm concerned, that is another tool to use at the tables. I don't personally do it much, but I love that people can do it. What is total BULLSHIT is that his chat privileges were permanently blocked. Really? Fulltiltpoker can't do any better than that? You can put notes on people, block observers chat, block all chat, but you can't block 1 person's chat? That is really stupid if you ask me. Oh wait, here's another one: IGNORE IT! Oh wait, someone is soooooo offended that they complain about his "profanity free" insults (the software stops you from putting in words like SHIT). I've had people say all kinds of junk in that tiny, little box in the very bottom of my screen. Guess what? I IGNORE IT. Or type back if I choose. Either way, I think blocking chat privileges is wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. That's my 2cents.

There are some truly generous people in this world. I mentioned (well.... maybe pushed a bit) a charity tournament I was having and these three people who have never met me, and never spoken to me, and don't know where I live, etc., etc., donated HUGE prizes. I mean: really! I could've taken all that stuff for me and said: "look what I conned out of the internet dummies". Thankfully they didn't and I used those prizes (and a few others) to raise $3018 to give to colon cancer patients. I am so impressed and deeply grateful. I hope I can pay it forward the way they have.

Now to talk about BBT3. I pushed hard during BBT2, playing in most of the tournaments (22/27) and finished in 7th place. But it took it's toll on me. Almost completely burning me out of online poker. I like playing, and I like playing several times a week, but pushing to get into a tournament 3 times a week at a specific time was trying on my work and home schedule. Now BBT3 will be 57 events with Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday games. I just can't hang that many days a week in a row. But the prize pool is attractive. And I like the way bloggers play, it suits my style well. . . MiamiDon did a good write up on the pros and cons of playing. I will definitely play in a few, just don't know how many. Remember that it is open to readers too. If you don't have a blog, come play. Click on one of the links above or look to the right for the events. I may even see you there.

I'll be playing live this Saturday. $50 buy in. Last month I went out just before the bubble, so hopefully I can improve this time.
Remember to stay patient and if you see me playing somewhere, remind me. . .

No comments: