Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm Back in Black

I hit the sack...Ive been too long... Im glad to be back... AC/DC 1980


I've cashed in 2 out of the last 3 90 player KO's I've played(a 1st and a 5th). That will boost my ROI real quick at the $3 levels. My bankroll now is just shy of $100. Not too bad, having been at just $2 a few weeks ago. I was actually in the low $100's a week ago, but dropped a buyin playing cash at the 25NL level and couldn't cash in a $10 MTT, so here we are.
If you will notice, I have been playing very sparingly. Only 8 SNG's in the last 19 days. Pathetic, I know. But I am happy to have cashed in 6 of those 8. I have been following a much tighter game plan: trying to play mostly from position only regardless of my cards. And when down to the bubble, play opposite the table. What's that? Sound unusual for me? Yes, it is. I usually try to bully at the bubble and "usually" end up getting caught at some point. What I found though, is most times the bubble at the $3 buy in level is not so tight. So if I play tight and wait for the right cards, then I make it to the money. The play really seems to tighten up in the final 4 or 5. Then players are looking at a major change in payouts if you can advance to top 2. This is a better time to get aggressive and start buying blinds. Again, be observant of your opponents play.
Thanks again to everyone who donated to my charity tournament. Evenings this week will be spent preparing chip stacks, blind structures, prizes, etc. You can still show up to play if you want. We are hoping for just over 100 players.
Stay patient...

1 comment:

Matt said...

Good to see you doing so well in those KO games. They're so profitable it's ridiculous.