Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rakeback

So, I'm still debating back and forth about Rakeback. I don't get it at fulltiltpoker but I prefer playing there over pokerstars. I actually started playing online poker on pokerstars back in 2004, but eventually moved over to fulltiltpoker because of the poker bloggers (see my list to the right) and their regular tournaments. So now when I play on pokerstars, the sounds of the chips, and timers, and everything else take me back to my beginning days playing online. I'm thinking I may start playing exclusively at pokerstars.

And of course, there is the rakeback issue. I don't get it at fulltiltpoker. I've asked for it several times, and have been denied. I even opened another account name to get it, but fulltiltpoker support found out and shut down my new account. Luckily they gave me back the $1500 I had in funds with them. With the heavy promoting of VPP's on pokerstars, I've been thinking of moving exclusively to stars. I think the time is now.

I know this player told me he moved to stars. But I haven't seen a post from him in some time so I'm not really sure how it's going.

Anyway, if you have any advice either way, I'd be open to it. I just want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck. I haven't had a big withdrawal from online poker in over a year, but I've also played a lot less over the last year. I'm ready to start playing more again and need to find a place worthy of doing it.

Let me know if you have any opinions for me. Thanks,

Jamyhawk

4 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

I know a lot of players that created accounts under MrsXZY to get rakeback on FTP.

Not breaking any TOS rules as long as, you know, there is actually a Mrs.

I have several friends that have recently announced moves to PS from FTP. I think changes in the PS rewards program are responsible for the move.

SirFWALGMan said...

Ya the Mrs thing works. erm, I heard.. *whistle*. Make sure its a different Email and all that. Getting caught is lame.

Mike Heffner said...

Try these guys, sometimes they can do something with an existing account - http://www.rakebackpros.com

OhCaptain said...

Rakebackpros got me set up with Rakeback on tilt. There's a post on my blog about it.