Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bubble question results

See post from yesterday where I had AQ in the SB on the bubble.

I play tournaments to win. I don't think I could be very profitable if I were to play to min cash every tournament. Of course, if I were in a $10,000 tournament, I might fold and then hope to at least get my buy in back, but that is because 10K is way above my bankroll.

But we are talking about a $9.90 tournament and the only result worth talking about will be a win. I won't be posting a blog about my big "min cash". Weeeeeeee

So I do shove my AQ, hoping the BB folds as does the original raiser and I add a few chips to make it to the money. If I get a call from the Button, I know their range is much much wider than mine, so there is a great chance my AQ is way ahead. I didn't plug it into pokerstove, but I'm sure my equity is huge.

As reverse luck would have it, the BB shoves and the Button folds. BB has AKsooted. I spike a Queen on the flop, but he gets 2 cards to his flush, and the river completes his flush to take me out: Bubble Boy.

Oh well. I don't ever fold there. I just can't.

4 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Ace rag vs 2 players is way crappy hand was all I was saying yesterday.. but probably against the players you see it might be ahead.. at least keep telling yourself that.. :).

jamyhawk said...

LOL waffles.

OhCaptain said...

I told you the hand of the devil is doomed.

Poker Holdem, Online Poker, Poker said...

Cool Bubble Question here thanks for sharing such as good post