Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What went wrong here?

Blinds are 80/160. I'm in small blind with about 4000 in chips. Button is qrs1 with about 6000 in chips.

qrs1 open calls for 160. I rasie to 800 with QsQd. Big blind folds. qrs1 calls. Flop comes 458 with 2 clubs. I shove.

Is there any read you make here that you get away from this hand? I don't put him on AA or KK or else why not re-raise me preflop all in? AK makes perfect sense and I don't mind getting it in as about a 70% favorite.

qrs1 shows 67 (sooted, of course) for the flopped straight and I don't improve. Am I missing something? I guess I should have shoved preflop and picked up the bets?

There is a chance an Ace or King falls on the flop and then I fold. That's the only reason I didn't shove preflop. But 67? I guess I should be thankful and make a note for next time.

Anyway, congrats to qrs1 for winning. I guess I'll get another shot at him/her in the TOC...

7 comments:

1Queens Up1 said...

I think lately what I've noticed in the blogger games, the blind stealers always feel like they are getting re-stolen on when they get re-raised , thusly, they are more apt to see a flop with their steal or even re-raise all-in.

Basically the problem is nobody believes anybody anymore.

Schaubs said...

call call call!!

Frustrating for sure.

Riggstad said...

he called off a little more than 10% of his stack with 67...

there is no excuse. there is no strategy. He tried to get lucky, and did.

That's it.

He isn't good, or smart, nor did he try to play tricky. He limped, called, and caught.

Nothing special. Even waffles can do that.

lj said...

you overshoved 2x the pot on the flop?

jamyhawk said...

LJ.... you funny

lj said...

not trying to be, guess i'm just confused. blinds are 80/160, no antes, button limps, you raise to 800, he calls. so pot is 1760? you have 3200 left and shove flop?

jamyhawk said...

oh sorry LJ. Yes, I overshoved.