Saturday, May 9, 2009

The HAWK rebuy

We tried a rebuy tournament but I think it scared some players away. We only had 12 players -our smallest group ever. To get things started, I shoved the first 5 hands straight (losing every single one). Eventually some of my "loose" shoves paid off and I calmed down a bit. I missed the first 4 knockouts but here are the rest:

FFOG goes out on a pocket pair.


Ifoldallthe time can't spike an ace and goes out next.


andybel142 is on a roll and takes out Tyronelove.


Thecloserx5 gets knocked out next against two others with Ace high preflop shoves.


I lose a big chunk of my stack on this sick sick river card. I shoved after the flop and thought I had him dominated.


I was out next hand with an Ace high shove.


Andybel142 is the next one out and the first to cash. Congratulations on third place and $13 (I think barely covering his rebuys- lol)


And mandalgan takes down his first HAWK tournament with a mighty hand Q5. Congratulations to Gwoo10 for 2nd place and $19.50.


Congratulations mandalgan for 1st place and $32.50 in winnings. Next month we will go back to a knockout, which has been reported as the most popular type of tournament so far. Hope to see you there.

No comments: