Saturday, May 16, 2009

How Lucky Am I?

If you read my Mookie Win Profile you'll remember I said I am "lucky". I'm lucky everywhere I go. And so again this weekend, it happened.

Here is my ticket to Dane Cook this past Friday night:

That's right! Section 108. Row GG. The very back of the entire stadium. There were literally 5 rows of seats worse than ours....

Well, several things aligned that made us get there early. We sat down (10 of us) almost 45 minutes before show time and a woman with a handful of tickets walked up to us immediately. "Would you folks like to move up closer to the stage?" Sure, I guess. What's the catch? "No catch, just do us a favor and don't get up after the show starts". COOL! Can do....

This is the new ticket we got:


Section B, ROW 1. That's right. First row. Front row. No one in front of you...

Here's a shot as soon as we got there:

Here's Dane when he came out:

He was hilarious:

My iphone takes angelic pictures too....


So don't forget... I am lucky. I'm good, but lucky too......

4 comments:

Riggstad said...

See, I don't think this is luck. I think it's a testament of how bad Dane Cook is.

Now, I'm not saying Dane is bad (even though I just did :) ), but from the media he has received, and the fact that you were offered free front row seats, I think it's obvious that not a whole bunch of people were willing to shell out for front row seats, and the producers needed fillers.

I like how she qualified the gift with, "you can't leave until the shows over". That's pretty telling.

I'm assuming that the show was being filmed for some future DVD or show. Which is why I guess they needed the look of a packed house.

Now, I don't know anything about Cook, nor have I heard his comedy, but there have been some pretty nasty things said about him in the media, and stories abound with his failures at shows. Even Eric Lindgren got after him at one show when he tried to walk out.

It seems that it has become almost popular to trash his work.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear his work, but if you say he was funny, I'll take your word. I l tend to laugh at anything.

jamyhawk said...

obviously they didn't sell the $100 seats or they wouldn't have had them to give away. We talked about that as we got the seats. We chalked it up to the economy.

I don't know anything about trashing his work (I don't watch the news or entertainment news shows). But if I put myself in the mood, then I can enjoy just about any comedian. As a matter of fact, Robert Kelly (one of the openers) killed the audience and kept everyone laughing moreso than Dane Cook. Overall, it was a few hours of laughter and I enjoyed it.

And my point was they picked this donkey over all the other donkeys seated in the back of the auditorium. And that was my luck. ;)

1Queens Up1 said...

What I think Riggs is trying to say is that he has been villified in the media by other comedians who claim grievances against him (including comedic plagarism) and selling out.

Personally, I like the guy and I love his BK segments as a fellow ex-employee of that great chain.

Jeremy said...

I tried to watch his show on Comedy Central and after 10 minutes I couldn't take anymore.
They look like great seats though.