Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday night MOOKIE

The BLUES did not win last night. But it was an intense, exciting, fun game to be at. Just wish the end results were better.

Played in the MOOKIE tonight. Went up and down a bit in the first half hour. I had AA and open raised from the button. Fold. Fold. Win 90 chips.

2nd time I get AA. 1 raise and a call ahead of me. I min-reraise. Call Call. Flop comes with nothing special. first player bets pot, next calls and I go all in. Someone flopped a set and I go home.

That's an interesting spot. I think the flop was 7810rainbow. With AA and two people in heavy, do you fold there? I don't think I could. How do you read for a set. Or should I have shoved pre instead of min raised?

Oh well, this weekend I play live for the WSOP Main Event seat. I'll know by about 4pm on Saturday if I win or not. I plan to celebrate Saturday night. . .

3 comments:

Shrike said...

Canucks are going to march to the Cup Finals. Book it.

-PL

WillWonka said...

Yep, the Blues series was a huge downer. Mason is definitely NOT a playoff goalie yet. I'm still excited about next year.

I can't think of any time that min raising preflop is ever right or +EV. All you are doing is giving them odds to call.

But hey, what do I know, I don't play many tournies these days.

Jeremy said...

Good luck this weekend! Take it down.