Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blues Win!

Going to the BLUES game tonight... I can't wait. They are down 3-0 in the series but I know they will win tonight. 4 in a row might be asking a lot, but they will win tonight and it will be a blast to be there.

How did I get to be a Denver Broncos fan and a Saint Louis Blues fan. I lived in Denver until I was about 8 years old and I remember watching the orange and blue every Sunday with my dad. Then we moved to Saint Louis where the town was not too fond of their Saint Louis Cardinals. As a matter of fact, there was little excitement and lots of Bidwell Bashing. This town loved the Baseball Cardinals. Closely behind was the Hockey Blues, and then somewhere down after your favorite college and high school teams came the Football Cardinals.

So I never really got into the football team in Saint Louis and then suddenly in 1988, they left. So I went to the local sports bars on Sunday's to watch my old favorites: The Denver Broncos. And as I came into my early 20's (a critical time for developing pro sports alliances), I became a die hard Broncos fan.

Since Denver didn't have a baseball team or hockey team (that I remember) in the early 70's, I became a Saint Louis Baseball Cardinals fan and a Saint Louis Blues fan.

So that's why you will find me rooting for the Saint Louis Cardinals and Saint Louis Blues, but the Denver Broncos instead of the Saint Louis Rams.

GOOOOOOOOO BLUUUUUUUUUUUUES!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

1Queens Up1 said...

Go Chiefs and Flyers!

Dee said...

Plus the rams are terrible :D

Thanks for the welcome!

Schaubs said...

Canucks FTW!!!