Monday, February 2, 2009

TV anywhere

Well, I got a slingbox this weekend. Have you heard of these yet?

It's a hardware device that you connect to your cable/satellite box and to your router and then you can watch your tv on any computer, anywhere in the world. I just wanted to be able to put a TV anywhere I wanted to in my house without having to drill holes in the wall and drop more cables to get a connection. I hooked up my TV to my laptop and "POOF", I'm watching the superbowl in my kitchen getting a wireless signal.

But the long term applications are incredible. I can watch daytime baseball games on my work computer. I can watch local television from anywhere that I travel to (as long as I have an internet connection). I can even just set up a TV/laptop on my back porch (temporarily) and watch the baseball or football games while grilling and playing with the kids.

Technology continues to blow me away. Especially wireless "everything". It's amazing that everything functions as well as it does when it is wireless. This "world frightens and confuses me!" (Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer) Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you." LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry, couldn't help myself there. Anyway, If you travel a lot or even if you just want to watch your favorite shows on your laptop (yes you can watch your recorded shows also), then check out a slingbox. I love it! And check out Tripjax's review of slingbox. He goes into quite a bit more detail here.

Poker sucked this weekend. 2 days until FTOPS begins. You playing? Good luck to everyone who is in any of the FTOPS events. I may only play one, since I could only satellite into the first event.

Good luck and stay patient....

2 comments:

TripJax said...

Just got mine recently and gave my review here...

http://tripjax.blogspot.com/2009/01/slingbox-pro-hd-review.html

Unknown said...

to watch satellite tv on your computer .Try this http://tinyurl.com/dgqud2