Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend live poker

pissed away my buy in Saturday night in the live game. I just never got any good feel going. This is a group of calling stations and it is frustrating to watch them catch river after river to beat you. I literally felt I had two choices: ALL IN and FOLD. When I would raise, I would either get 5 callers or someone comes over me all in.

Anyway, here's the short version on how I went on tilt and went out. A4 sooted on the button, raise 4x BB. 3 callers. Flop comes 99Q none of my suit. I C-bet, then fire two more bullets, but get called down to river where my opponent hit flush from runner runner.

Right before first break, I raise 5xBB (3 and 4 times BB not chasing anyone away) with AJ sooooted on the button.. SB raises 4x my bet. This is the second hand in a row he goes all in. I fold, frustrated since it will essentially have left me with so little, I would have had to go all in. He states: "I'm trying something new".

First hand after break, Middle player raises 2x BB, I fold, same person to my left goes all in and takes down the bets right there.

Very next hand I get 1010. Several limpers to me, I raise 5xBB and same person to my left goes all in. Everyone folds around to me. I instacall, frustrated that he keeps going all in and keeps taking away my raises. He flips over JJ and I go home 5th out of 27 players. PATHETIC! A couple of hands later I watch a shortstack all in with 1010 and get called by KQ sooted. The 10's doubled up. I throw up a little in my mouth.

I have played 3 times this year live and 2 of 3 I have gone home with 1010. Once to A8 and now to JJ. Puke!

I just need to be more patient. Really. That is it. I can play in that tournament if I stay more patient. As a switch, I played a few tournaments online and cashed nicely this weekend. I took my pokerstars account up to $170 from the $100 I initially put in. I was supposed to be playing cash tables to get FPP's to earn my bonus but I have been playing tourneys instead. Nice thing is that I'm up in my bankroll. Bad thing is that I have only earned 36 of 2000 points needed to get my bonus.

Oh well. Remember to stay patient. Don't call the bully's all in with 1010 early in the tournament. You'll get him later... Have a great week!

Jamyhawk

1 comment:

yabi said...

Hey Jamy!

That's the crappy thing about TT, it always looks so good when your on a loosing streak and you can go broke on it.

At least you recognize that you made an impatient move - that's half the battle.

Hope all goes well in future events!

Good luck mate!