Friday, May 25, 2007

Same Subject

While we are talking about KK. Would you fold this hand? I am playing in a tournament of 9 players, down to 6 now. I am dealt KK on the button. 1st to act raises 3xBB (300). I call and BB calls. Now thinking back, I feel this was a bad play on my part. I tend to get caught up in trying to set traps. I don't play aggressive enough with big hands. So looking back I think I should have raised from the button. Not that my opponent would fold here, but I would represent somthing bigger to my opponent. And really, isn't it more important what your opponent THINKS you have rather than what you DO have.

Back to the hand. 3 players in for 3xBB. Flop comes 5h2c4c. Check - Check to me and I bet 2xBB. Again, I am trying to trap with what I think is best hand. I don't expect A3 out there because of the pre-flop raise and I think AA, KK or QQ bets after the flop before me. There could be a set, which is always dangerous but always hard for me to sniff out. I get one caller.

Heads up. Turn comes Qs. Check to me and I bet 200. I am hoping to keep this person in with small pair or hope they have KQ or Qx but not two pair. I get the instant check raise to put me all in. . . I have half the chip stack as my opponent and they have been playing the tournament so far in a Loose pre flop, Aggressive post flop style (LAG). So there is not a lot of credibility in his big bet. But still, my tournament is over if I call and lose. I just don't feel that they have me beat, so I call. He flips over AQo/s. Perfect hand for me and I am going to double up.

Except for the fact that the 3h comes on the river and his wheel rolls over my crowns and ends my tournament.
I guess that more aggressive pre-flop and post flop betting would have won me the hand before the turn came. Do you agree?

Stay Patient....

Jamyhawk

No comments: