Thursday, February 17, 2011

2nd tournament of Survivor Series

Last night was the 2nd tournament in our Survivor series. We had 28 players. I started off the tournament as a LAG but had to lay down hands like TPMK when players were shoving 60 BB's into me.

I got down to as little as 900 chips (starting stacks were 3,000) and doubled up with a shove of 99 over an agro raiser with 64off suit (thanks for the gift pushmonkey72). I chipped up a bit and took on more of a TAG style of play. Next thing I knew, I was chip leader with 12 players left.

But winning the tournament was not important to me. Outlasting Team FISH was important. No matter what, I did not want to vote again. And last night, I think it became apparent which Survivor Team is stacked. With 7 players left, we had 5 Team Donkey players still in (Numbono was one of the 5 and I do count him even though he was voted out of the first tournament because he will always be from Team Donkey).

So once the final player from Team Fish was eliminated (Xkm1245), I opened up my play again and ended up shoving with 22. I don't remember exactly what took me out, but I didn't care. I finished 6th and was glad my team won immunity.

Let's be honest: I didn't play the Mookie/Dank last week and I won't be playing it after the Survivor series is over. I'm in these to get my Team immunity.

In the history of survivor there has never been a more unbalanced division of skill as their is between Team Donkey and Team Fish. TEAM DONKEY RULES!

Now if I can only remember to put my "auto rebuy" on for the rebuy tournaments, I should be able to back this up.

No comments: