Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Domo Arigoto Mr Roboto

The internet is truly amazing. I want to build my itunes library with more songs from my high school days, including one hit wonders. I just google search classic rock playlists from 1980-1985 and *POOF*: I have it. Lists of songs, some of which I have forgotten (and some I will forget again).

I've played almost as much live poker as online over the last few weeks. How's it going? Let's see:
1)18 players -finished 9th
2)13 players -finished 1st
3)27 players -finished 12th
4)20 players -finished 18th

The 27 player tournament is my monthly WSOP wanna be tournament. We have played 8 of 12 tournaments and I am ranked 4th (disappointing to say the least). Top 3 spots will get a buy in to the WSOP this year (1st gets the Main Event -the other two get $1500 buy ins). It's an interesting series to say the least, because you have to focus on winning the monthly tournament, but also try to get as many points as possible each month. Sometimes your decisions will be different depending on which you are focusing on at any given moment. I have won enough money to cover 10 of the 13 buy ins, so that helps. We finish up in April with a "2 tournaments in one day" extravaganza.

I was looking at Party Poker the other day, which is one of the best UK poker sites on the net. I heard a rumor that they might be opening up play to the United States players again. We still talk about how "juicy" it was playing there. . Anyone else heard anything on this?

Anyway, looks like it's back to work. Stay patient....

No comments: